The University of Kentucky Alumni Association, in conjunction with Fayette County Cooperative Extension Services and UK Human Resources Staff Career Development, has released the 2014 winter/spring Job Club schedule.
The Job Club aims to provide a positive environment for motivated job seekers to meet, connect, share and learn. The club is free and open to the public and meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month from 9 to 10:15 a.m. at the Fayette County Cooperative Extension office located at 1140 Red Mile Place in Lexington.
Job Club is a free resource to those who are currently out of work, underemployed or looking to make a career transition. Recruiters and employers are also welcome to attend meetings. Business attire is encouraged.
Dates and topics for upcoming meetings are as follows:
• Tuesday, Jan. 14: Guard Against the Job Search Flu
• Tuesday, Jan. 28: Identify and Overcome Obstacles in Your Job Search
• Tuesday, Feb. 11: Write a Resume that Lands Interviews
• Tuesday, Feb. 25: Improve Your Likeability; Improve Your Job Search (Nobody Sells a Car that Runs too Well)
• Tuesday, March 11: Interview Best Practices
• Tuesday, March 25: Networking 101: How to Develop, Maintain and Grow an Effective Network
• Tuesday, April 8: Research your Target Organization BEFORE the Interview: What to Know and How to Find Out
• Tuesday, April 22: Tighten Your Budget after a Job Loss
• Tuesday, May 13: Personal Branding 101
• Tuesday, May 27: Job Search Strategies and Advice from a panel of former job club participants
For more information, contact the UK Alumni Association at 859-257-8905; the Fayette County Cooperative Extension Office at 859-257-5582; or the UK Staff Career Development Office at 859-257-1946. Additional details are also available online at http://www.ukalumni.net/jobclub.